A peek into the circus that is our life!

A peek into the circus that is our life!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Conversations with a 3 year old

As we pulled into our driveway, Zachary struck up a conversation...as usual, he amuses me!!!

Zachary:  "Mom, where's Dad?"
Me:  "He's in Seattle at work."
Zachary:  "He's at Mt. Rainier.  Oh no...it's a volcano."
Me:  "You're right, it is."
Zachary:  "I want Dad to come home.  Mt. Rainier is a volcano and it's going to explode."
Me:  "Reeeeeeally?
Zachary:  "Yep.  I can see it from my house."
Me:  "Yes, you can."  (Well...not today, but on a clear day.)
Zacahry:  "Now, I need my bugs cleaned out of my ears (for some reason, he thinks that the earwax is bugs...go figure!) before the volcano explodes."
Me:  "You do?"
Zachary:  "Yep." 

He proceeded to the bathroom to retrieve Q-tips (yes, I know, you're not supposed to use those that way...blah, blah, blah), got the bugs cleaned out (at least it's not bees today) and the conversation is over.  I sure hope that his prediction on the volcano is like his trip to surf Crocodile Lake earlier this week.  Just in case, I'll let Brian know that his boy would like him to come home soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad Mr. Rainier didn't erupt on Brian. I just have to wonder, who doesn't use q-tips that way??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...every pediatrician and every baby book tells you not to & again, I say "blah, blah, blah!

    ReplyDelete