A peek into the circus that is our life!

A peek into the circus that is our life!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Terrible Twos?

Really, whomever termed it "Terrible Twos" had clearly NOT arrived at the threes yet!  Twos have nothing compared with threes in my family...and today's three is a shining example.  Our three year old has been having some issues, possibly due to all of the changes of being a new big brother and starting preschool, but today is a dozie! 

I thought we were getting off on a good footing this morning:  I was in and out of the shower before Zachary was up, we had breakfast orchestrated and ready to come out of the oven, and he was not fighting me on getting to the bathroom and dressed.  THAT, however, was the end of the pleasantries.  He took one bite of the apple oven pancake put together by his big sister and started spitting it out...noisily...proclaiming his dislike repeatedly.  It was new.  He had tried it.  We offered alternatives.  He began screaming at every offering, thus getting NO breakfast besides a raw apple this morning, before we headed out to school. 

As we dropped off his siblings, Zachary said he wanted to go to Mr. Graydon's party.  I don't know Mr. Graydon, because he AND his house are imaginary, so no going to the party:  more screaming!  Pulling into the coffee shop's drive thru, I ordered my usual half-caf (seriously considered upping the ante this morning, though) and a flavored milk, thinking I could sweeten him up.  More screaming!!!  Fine..."no milk for you" Mr. Three!

Our plan to go to mass and then to the store no longer seemed feasible...three screaming fits and you're out!  Instead, we headed home to the tune of "I don't want to go home!" screamed repeatedly for the entire 10 minute drive at a decibel that surely had all canines in a 10-mile radius howling in misery.  I snickered as I turned up the radio (unsuccessfully trying to drown out the screams) and heard the line "Life is good today" being proclaimed by the Zac Brown Band!  HA! 

We're home & Zachary's in his room...not currently welcome with the general population (Jacob and myself) while screaming (only slightly muffled by the closed door that he is kicking).  Maybe we'll get to feeling that "life is good today" if the shreiking ceases or I find some earplugs.  Terrible twos?  I'll take them anyday over Tremendously Trying Threes!!!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! The Threes are worse than the 'terrible' twos! We had so many tears and tantrums (and sometimes the twins did, too). lol

    ReplyDelete